By Deanna Hurn, Founder and Executive Director of Miracle Math Coaching
It’s simple: Dark chocolate is brain food. It’s been proven to improve memory and boost endorphins (those hormones that make you feel good).
So feel perfectly justified to indulge your family with dark chocolate the week of February 14th.
As you know, Miracle Math is a brain-based coaching center – we teach students based upon how their individual brains learn best.
In the spirit of our mission, I’m providing a brownie recipe to help your family celebrate both Valentine’s Day and the power of the brain.
Valentine’s Day Brownies
(courtesy of www.livewellbakeoften.com)
• 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ cup all purpose flour
• ½ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder, sifted
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup dark chocolate chips
• ½ cup dark-chocolate M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving some overhang. If using foil, spray well with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, making sure to mix well after each one. Mix in the vanilla until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared baking pan (the batter will be very thick). Evenly sprinkle the M&Ms over the top.
6. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. You will know the brownies are finished when the edges start to slightly pull away and the top looks done.
7. Allow to cool completely and cut into squares.
Store cooled brownies in an airtight container on the counter for up to five days.
And if you want to find out how to improve your student’s grades with brain-based learning, call Miracle Math at 707-398-3474 today. Ask for a FREE Learning Discovery Evaluation to see where your child stands academically and how we might help: Click here to sign up now. Miracle Math Coaching is an award-winning, student-focused service with a track record of boosting academic achievement.