With this math trick, you will be able to multiply any two numbers from 11 to 19 in your head quickly, without the use of a calculator.
I will assume that you know your multiplication table reasonably well up to 10×10.
- Take 15 x 13 for an example.
- Always place the larger number of the two on top in your mind.
- Then draw the shape of Africa mentally so it covers the 15 and the 3
- from the 13 below. Those covered numbers are all you need.
- First add 15 + 3 = 18
- Add a zero behind it (multiply by 10) to get 180.
- Multiply the covered lower 3 x the single digit above it the “5” (3×5= 15)
- Add 180 + 15 = 195.
That is It! Wasn’t that easy? Practice it on paper first!
At Miracle Math, we use a trade secret approach to accurately match up the students to the coaches. This allows the students to enjoy and grow on an academic as well as a personal level. All of our coaches are professional educators with extensive training, who you can respect and trust.
From children to teens to adults, your brain is never done learning. And that’s why we love it! Curious how your student’s brain works? Check out the free assessment
to learn more or call us at (707) 398-3474.